Animeboards.com Forums

Animeboards.com Forums (http://animeboards.com/index.php)
-   RahXephon (http://animeboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=201)
-   -   RahXephon compared to... (http://animeboards.com/showthread.php?t=50645)

Fatal Outlaw 12-02-2003 11:54 AM

RahXephon compared to...

ive been hearing A LOT about how RX is similar to Eva, and ive also read time and again that its not. anyhow, i just watched Argentosoma, and from what i read in magazines and websites, it sounds kinda similar...now, i have not seen RX (and cant wait to see it), but how does it compare to Argentosoma?

Lord_Satorious 13-02-2003 01:34 AM

I'm not too sure about Argento Soma, but as for Evangelion... I liked RahXephon more. Maybe it's just me, but I don't worship GAINAX. In fact I thought their better works were when they were a smaller production studio (Nadia, GunBuster, Honneamise... et cetera).

One thing the RahXephon itself resembles is an older Yoshiyuki Tomino mecha, which I'll cover in another post.

---------------------
Lord_Satorious
The World-Wide Gundam Informational Network
"The Nu Gundam isn't just for show!" - Capt. Amuro Ray, UC 0093

Westlo 13-02-2003 02:02 AM

Space Runaway Ideon is the anime LS will be talking about.

Should be a good read.

And I prefer RahXephon over Evangelion as well.

3line 14-02-2003 03:37 AM

Eva was an overblown absurdist drama that attempts to disguise its blisteringly simple existential messge behind mountains of superflous symbology and amateur psychology.

Incongruous (for much of the series, no clear direction for either plot or absurdist elements) and frustrating is how I'd describe Eva.

MDWigs 14-02-2003 11:52 PM

Thanks for your views... but how about commenting on RahXephon?

Kyrakasa 20-02-2003 04:57 AM

I've started a thread about this in Eva Discussions. It has alot of Spoilers of course since I will be comparing the two...

but it was moved to Eva Chit Chat...

All the Rah Xephon Otaku's are killing me... :lol:

They are plain rude

Instead of just saying I'm a moron or saying that it's obvious I can't possibly have seen Eva or Rah Xephon.

Can't an intelligent discussion be brought up?....

I'm tired of people bashing me so I'm hoping to find some NICE people to talk to...

I can't believe the rudeness of Westlo, 3line, and Xeesh Darkstalker. :confused:

I'm stating only a few similarities at a time, since there are TOO MUCH to compare... I can almost take any Theme, Character, or Idea of RahXephon and find the origins in Evangelion.

Keep reading progressively and I'll point out more similarities or answer any questions...

Apparently Xeesh Darkstalker says how stupid I am for comparing Gendo to Jin so I made a more detailed comparison on the second page...

If you have comments or questions... Don't bash me while asking please. :)

http://animeboards.com/showthread.ph...9&pagenumber=1

p.s. Don't hate me... I'm not saying Rah Xephon is a rip off... It's something great... It's the Evangelion of 2002. I'm happy to see that Evangelion will never die... Eva lives on forever...

Rah Xephon is another possibility of what the world might be... Shinji just chose it differently... or maybe Asuka and Shinji is Kamina's great- great- great - grandparents... in the new world formed at the end of Eva.

Westlo 20-02-2003 07:01 AM

Whats this got to do with RahXephon compared to Argento Soma?

Anyway this AnimeOnDVD thread should answer your question Fatal Outlaw if noone in this thread can.

http://forums.animeondvd.com/dcboard...ng_type=search

Kyrakasa 27-02-2003 12:10 AM

Doesn't this look alot like the headless statues in the last episodes of eva... and in Death/rebirth as well as in EOE>?

http://www.boomspeed.com/kyrakasa/rah_evastatues.jpg

3line 27-02-2003 10:59 AM

I believe that I watched one episode of Argento Soma some time ago and did not like it. Can't remember anything specific, but it's a feeling.

Quote:

Originally posted by Kyrakasa
Doesn't this look alot like the headless statues in the last episodes of eva... and in Death/rebirth as well as in EOE>?

Besides the fact that this has even less to do with the topic than your previous post, you're comparing a painting of RahXephon's head to Eva's headless statues. Give it up.

Kyrakasa 27-02-2003 03:59 PM

Quote:

Besides the fact that this has even less to do with the topic than your previous post, you're comparing a painting of RahXephon's head to Eva's headless statues. Give it up.-3line-
Besides the fact that your last 2 posts only Bashed Evangelion and Argentosoma... I would have to say my posts have alot more to do with the topic... :lol:

Quote:

Eva was an overblown absurdist drama that attempts to disguise its blisteringly simple existential messge behind mountains of superflous symbology and amateur psychology.

Incongruous (for much of the series, no clear direction for either plot or absurdist elements) and frustrating is how I'd describe Eva.

I believe that I watched one episode of Argento Soma some time ago and did not like it. Can't remember anything specific, but it's a feeling.
-3line-

So apparently your "feeling" that you didn't like other anime's is much more on topic...

Lol... I have to lol again... Gomen Nasi... :lol:

Well given it's significance since it's the first of two paintings shown at the ending... And the other painting I doubt you would put off the significance of. I thought it was worth mentioning...

http://www.boomspeed.com/kyrakasa/rah_evastatues.jpg

:lol:

p.s. So I guess you know for sure That is a Painting of Rah Xephon's head?? Since well of course you know everything...

Westlo 27-02-2003 05:37 PM

Stop posting off topic Kyrakasa or I'll report your posts to a moderator.

This thread is about RahXephon & ArgentoSoma, keep your bitching about Rah and Eva for the thread you made in Eva Chit Chat which nobody wants to post in any more.

Kyrakasa 27-02-2003 05:43 PM

Ok Westlo...

I was just pointing out 3lines's hypocrisy...

Gomen. :p

Spike 558 11-03-2003 01:49 AM

I actually think Gasaraki is better then Eva.
But I still commend RahXaphon for boldly being a shameless Eva clone.

EDIT: I've only seen the first ep of RX, but I would like to see more: I'm told it gets better.
Apparently.

Westlo 11-03-2003 02:40 AM

You call it an Evangelion clone and you have seen one episode out of 26.

Not only that but I hardly see how you can call it a clone from the first episode alone, I say your decision on calling it a clone was based on what you have heard/read than you making up your own mind.

And I still don't get what Evangelion and now Gasaraki has do do with RahXephon compared to ArgentoSoma.

Can you people read?

Oh and btw

RahXephon > Evangelion > > > > Gasaraki.

Animeniac1 11-03-2003 08:30 AM

First of all, I found Eva MEDIOCRE. Sure, the animation was nice, the presentation was good, but I didn't find the fights and characters engaging. Furthermore, I found the story okay, but a little too depressing for my tastes (not as depressing as Lain though). I've only seen the first 5 eps, but I plan to see more. I've heard it gets much better. Hehe, episode five had an...erm...interesting scene.

Now, for Argentosoma. I didn't like this anime. At all. It felt like "amerime" to me.