Old 10-03-2009, 08:45 PM   #1   [permalink]
Polymorph

Songs that went perfect with the anime...

I've become a juggernaut of watching anime lately, probably because I have just started doing so. I find that sometimes the song of an anime goes perfectly with it.. Some do so more than others, specially when you find one that he lyrics connect perfectly with the story.

I'm going to start with the one that I found connected the best with the show... that I've watched so far. This would be the opening song for Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai. The melody goes well with the overall atmosphere of the show. The lyrics are perfectly made for the show, I don't know if they were made specifically for it, but it just works so well. It represents really well the feelings of Rika, and also to some extent of the other characters.

Here are some songs that I felt worked really well too:
**Ergo Proxy - The opening for ergo proxy i felt gave the emotions of the show, but the lyric were pretty general so it wasn't super effective. Then the fact that they used Paranoid Android as their closing song I felst was awesome, and fit the psychadelic futuristic kinda feel that they gave the show, with the autoreivs and all.

**Elfen Lied - The opening for elfen lied was really effective in setting the mood for the story. It was really cohesive with the story and worked extrememly well. The lyrics are more questionable, and although some things can be connected, overall they don't really work, although it's in latin, so you don't really care while watching.

** Haruhi Suzumyia - The songs for Haruhi Suzumyia work really well with the show. It sets a good preview on what to expect of the show, for better or for worse. In my case I really like this show.. specially as comic relief after watching my other favourite ones.

** Evangelion - The opening is heard both by both anime viewers and those who only watched this show.. It's a classic, and maybe it makes me bias but this opening works perfectly with the show.. and the ending also works well, they deseve a lot of merit.

** Others - There are others that work, but I don't find them as good as the ones above. Basilisk, Trigun, Naruto has some good ones.. I also find myself humming both consciously and unconsciously of all the songs of ranma 1/2.. even ones i don't remember(Yeah..), but that's because that show is awesome.

Agree? not so much? Opinions wellcome.

Polymorph
Polymorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 PM   #2   [permalink]
kitty2009

Send a message via AIM to kitty2009 Send a message via MSN to kitty2009
I'd think that some of the songs from Vampire Knight the begining and endings were really good for the "dark" theme that was given off of Vampire Knight season 1 and season 2. And if anyone's interested:
Vampire Knight:
- Futatsu no Kodou to Akai Tsumi by ON/OFF
- Still Doll by Kanon Wakeshima

Vampire Knight Guilty:
- Rinne Rondo by ON/OFF
- Suna no Oshiro by Kanon Wakeshima

Last edited by kitty2009; 11-03-2009 at 02:31 PM.
kitty2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:38 PM   #3   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Reply long time in coming, but:

The first one that instantly pops into my mind is the opening for Tokyo Majin, the first season. The song has the right kind of rock sound for the series, complete with a screaming opening, but there's a kind of wistfulness to it to my ears that just makes it a perfect match. (Plus, side note since it's off-topic, I really like the opening visuals, which are brilliantly timed to the song as well as having a subtle deeper meaning that doesn't become apparent until after you've seen the series. I love it when the creators do that sort of stuff, instead of just having the generic cool opening graphics.)

I always thought that the opening for Texhnolyze was really fitting to the violent, almost frenetic feel of the series.

You don't always have to have lyrics for the opening or ending to really showcase the series. Prime example: Twelve Kingdoms. This opening is just fantastic for capturing the feel of the entire series, with a classic and epic sound to it.

On the opposite end of the scale, I think the first opening for the Rurouni Kenshin TV series was perfect for it. It starts off all rock and intriguing, which perfectly matched my preconceived notion that that series would be like Tsuiokuhen, the awesome OVA that I unfortunately watched before I tried the TV series.

Then all of a sudden, the song takes a cliff dive into the realm of suck, much like the show did.

That's right, I said it. Rurouni Kenshin TV series SUCKS.

Last edited by dheu; 08-09-2009 at 11:40 PM.
dheu is offline   Reply With Quote