Old 04-09-2006, 12:31 PM   #496   [permalink]
Kusunagi
Forum Junkie

Night Head Genesis, Witchblade, XXXholic, Final Fantasy (Last ORder) and Kemonozume (its hard becaue the animation is so terrible)
Why Am I Dying to Live, If Im just Living to Die
Kusunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:06 PM   #497   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Strawberry Panic! Eps 1-3: I don't normally go out of my way to watch shoujo-ai stuff, nor do I normally watch anime on youtube either, but since I'm waiting for stuff to arrive & have no new anime to watch at the present, I picked this random title when I was browsing AnimeNfo.com.
On the surface, it reminded me a lot of Shoujo Kakumei Utena, except without the duels, surfing elephants & other surreal wackiness associated with the other show. The characters are adorable for the most part, but I have to say that the Etoile gives me the creeps.
I've enjoyed the episodes I've seen so far, & it feels like this is gonna be an interesting character-driven series. Anyone know if there's any chance of this series being officially licenced in the west, or am I gonna have to rely on fansubs (which I'm loathed to do to be honest)?

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:30 AM   #498   [permalink]
RiPPa
Executive Member

Just finished watching Yakitate Japan!

mmm..... bread. Make bread, look at bread, eat bread....
*Reaction!!*

Anyway.

Im now in the middle of watching Ranma 1/2 (7 seasons/tv)

I allready now how enjoyable it is too because for once ive read the manga first

RiPPa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:15 AM   #499   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Chrono Crusade Eps 1-24: For some reason, I was under the illusion that this show had something to do with the console games Chrono Cross & Chrono Trigger, but it doesn't. Anyway, this series chronicles the adventures of a nun/demon exorcist & her demonic sidekick in the US of the roaring 1920's. It's starts off as a comedy, but the plot gets darker as the series progresses. It's a very silly show, that doesn't take itself too seriously (nuns running around with Thompson submachine guns crack me up). I found it to be very entertaining, & the finale brought a tear to my eye.
I've heard that the manga series has a different ending, so I'm gonna go & read that next.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:14 PM   #500   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Oh yeah....you definately want to read the manga. You talk about a sad ending...the manga ending is somewhat depressing.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:30 PM   #501   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
Bleach anime! It rules.

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #502   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Hellsing Ultimate OAV Eps 2 - The Japanese DVD arrived to today, & even without subs (if you've read the manga you don't need them), this episode is awesome. A great blood splattered gorefest. Alucard was on top form, Seras is so cool when she 'vamps out' & the Angel of Death just slices & dices his way through all the ghouls. Can't wait for the next episode when the Pip & the Wild Geese turn up. Excellent stuff. My only complaint; at 43 mins it's too short, especially since I paid 26 for the single episode.

Old 10-09-2006, 07:25 PM   #503   [permalink]
Kaneda

chrono crusade

i thought it was pretty awsome. the drawings were well done and i actually liked the english voice actors. the story was good but i think it might have needed a little more... "pizzaz"?

oh i was wondering if anyone had seen Desert Punk? i bought it the other day and i wanted to know what some other people thought about it.
Kaneda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:57 PM   #504   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Strawberry Panic! Eps 4-13 : This show has gotten very sugary sweet (cloying at times), but I have to say that I'm thoroughly charmed by it. The Etoile no longer gives me the willies, but the schemers Kaname & Momomi have taken over the role in the creepiness stakes; I really, really, really hate those two little b*tches, just look at what they made poor Yaya do to Hikari. ;_;

If this series ever gets a release in the west, it most definately will be on the top of my to-buy list. ^_^

Old 15-09-2006, 04:57 PM   #505   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Madlax Eps 1-26: I was extremely reluctant to buy this series as I had read a lot reviews saying that Madlax was just a rehash of Noir, & whilst there are similarities between it & it's more famous stablemate, I personally feel that they are two different animals altogether, due to the fantastical element in the plot, which is not present in it's predecessor. Madlax is an improvement over Noir in many ways IMO; I feel the scripting is tighter, there are more interesting characters (the male ones aren't just cannon fodder for a start), no excessively repetitive flashbacks in every damn episode, & the pacing of the series knocks Noir into a cocked hat (i.e., I wasn't wanting to press fast forward all the time).
But, of the two series, I still prefer Noir over Madlax, primarily because of the dynamic between Kirika & Mirielle. As much as I liked the larger cast of characters in Madlax, I felt that there was some spark missing between them all. Madlax is my favourite character in the series & her relationship with Vanessa Rene & Limelda Jorg was the most interesting IMO, but the main reason I prefer Noir is down to the fact that I wanted to smack Margaret Burton over the head with a 2 by 4 more often than not; her character annoyed the hell out of me.

And I've also been watching..,

Strawberry Panic! Eps 14-19: Episode 19 had me in floods of tears (I am such a sap). Poor Shizuma, poor Miyuki & poor Kaori.
I think I've already sussed out what's gonna happen with Nagisa & the Etoile, so I'm hoping that my other favoured pairing comes to fruition - even though Yaya is my favourite character, I want Hikari to be swept off her feet by her prince on a white horse.
All I have to do now is watch eps 20-24 & then wait for the final two episodes to be screened on Japanese TV. Gaaaah!!

Old 16-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #506   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
Chrno Crusade volumes 2-3.

Samurai 7.

Full Metal Panic and Evangelion over again...

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #507   [permalink]
fireguy
---------

Send a message via ICQ to fireguy Send a message via AIM to fireguy
I have just started to watch the following:

The Third
Fairy Muskateer Akazukin
fireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #508   [permalink]
Kaneda

i just started fate stay night. its pretty cool so far, im on episode 4. well see how the rest of the series fairs. coming up on the agenda i have eurika seven, s-cry-ed (both ive been putting off watching), RAY, and Figure 17 (maybe).
ongoingly, i am watching black blood brothers (new), blood+ (almost over), gundam seed destiny (only in english), bleach, naruto (of course), innocent venus (episode 6), and black lagoon (first season is finished, dont know when the 2nd will be out)

has anyone seen black blood brothers? its a vampire type thing, but i havnt watched the 2nd episode yet. it seems really cool , but are vampires over done?

i still have no idea what is going on with innocent venus, has anyone else seen this?

finally, without giving away any details, does fate stay night have a good plot? or am i waisting my time?
Old 19-09-2006, 05:26 AM   #509   [permalink]
orochi X
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via MSN to orochi X
Originally Posted by Kaneda
has anyone seen black blood brothers? its a vampire type thing, but i havnt watched the 2nd episode yet. it seems really cool , but are vampires over done?
I was thinking of picking it up but ended up not, it looked like another cliched anime vampire romp, but hey prove me wrong, prove me wrong.

What I'm watching:
NANA (loving it)
Welcome to the NHK! (loving it)
XXXHOLiC (downloading but not quite watching - low priority)
Tsubasa Chronicles - second season (again low priority)
Shaman King (low priority)
Gundam See Destiny (only watching it so I can name names when playing Destiny at the arcades)
orochi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 05:42 PM   #510   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Pretear Eps 1-13 : This show is curiously subtitled 'The Legend of Snow White'; have to say that those are some of the bishieist 'dwarves' I've ever seen. *lmao* A generic magical girl anime that's rather cheesy & cliche. It's very light on plot & character development, but it was amusing in places & kept me fairly entertained, though I saw the ending a mile off.