Old 23-01-2007, 03:21 AM   #571   [permalink]
probabilityZer

Send a message via Yahoo to probabilityZer
The Kanon remake and Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (imo the remake is actually better than the original Kanon)
Old 23-01-2007, 03:48 AM   #572   [permalink]
Tenkawa
Executive Member

Just finished watching Crest of the Stars, Banner of the Stars, and Banner of the stars II. Definitely would recommend it - its sort of like Star Blazers meets Nadia.

Next up either Burst Angel and maybe this Robotech Shadow Chronicles thing - though i need to read more about it.
Tenkawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #573   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Tokyo Godfathers - A heartwarming & whimsical tale about three homeless folk who stumble upon an new born baby left abandoned in the trash. The movie follows the three as they try to find the reasons why a parent would abandon their child at Christmas, & in the process confronting their own demon's of the past.
Beautiful animation, great characters, an excellent storyline & direction by the ever-versatile Satoshi Kon, this movie made me laugh out loud & want to cry in equal measure. Very cleverly written, & a must-see for all fans of character-driven anime IMO.

Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora Eps 3: This series is slowly (but surely) dragging me deeper into it's web. The relationship between Kyoshiro & his Absolute Angel Setsuna is becoming more interesting; is she just his 'doll' or not? And the scene where Kaon is being 'tempered'/tortured by Mika-sama whilst Himiko looked on made my heart ache; I can still hear Kaon's screams of agony reverberating in my ears (I'm beginning to love her seiyuu more & more). Looking forward to episode 4.

My-HiME Eps 1-16 : I'm really enjoying this series. As to be expected from a series whose cast are primarily schoolgirls, there is a lot of fanservice, but it's very funny, has some great character drama, & the mecha/Child battles are cool too. Natsuki is my favourite character by a long way; can't wait for the latter half of the series, as her relationship with the graceful & genteel Shizuru is explored more fully.
Um, on a side note, why did they change the name from Mai-HiME to My-HiME? Just seems so pointless really.

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #574   [permalink]
Mystical Saria
Forum Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to Mystical Saria
Im currently watching My-Hime too atm. I love this series so far, especially how the characters develop throughout the series. I'm in the middle of the second arc. It's quite alot darker than the first although.

and yes... i would also like to know why the name change? it seems to make more sense using mai-hime as the protagonist is afterall naned mai.
Old 31-01-2007, 01:52 PM   #575   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
My-HiME and Le Chevelier D'eon.

I really like Le Chevelier D'eon, you could say I'm addicted.

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:43 AM   #576   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora Eps 4: more revelations about the creation of the Absolute Angels, Kyoshiro's motivations for doing what he does, & a not-so-happy family reunion. This episode is also noteworthy in that Kuu finally stands up to her 'prince', instead of constantly fawning over him, which made me cheer. Don't like what Mika-sama did to Kaon at all; I really want to smack her in the face. Poor Kaon, poor Himiko.
Looking forward to episode 5.

My-HiME Eps 17-23: Man, have they ramped up the angst or what!! I can't really say much without having tonnes of spoilers, but needless to say, the last few episodes held a lot of revelations & the latter half of episode 22 made my jaw drop.., poor tortured Shizuru, & poor Natsuki.
Now I have to wait till April for the final DVD; that seems like so far away. On a happier note though, Bandai-Ent are going to be releasing My-Otome in June 2007, yay!!.

@Mystical Saria - I'm really enjoying the second arc too.

Last Exile Eps 1-26: It's taken me quite a long time to get through this series, not because it didn't hold my interest, but other series got in the way of my viewing time for it (namely the two series above). It's the story of two young air couriers who one day find themselves in a war that as far reaching consequences for the entire world. The animation is simply superb, the plot is engaging, & the characters are all very nicely fleshed out, but the best thing about this anime is the world itself, a place where flight is the normal mode of transport. If there was one thing that I didn't like about the show, then that would have to be Claus, the eponymous hero of the anime; he was just too nice & too 'squeaky clean perfect' for my tastes, but the rest of the cast made up for that. Overall, an excellent war drama, & if you happen to want to buy it, I suggest that you get hold of Geneon's R1 Range Murata's complete boxset edition, as each of the DVD's cases features Murata's beautiful character designs.

Old 03-03-2007, 08:04 PM   #577   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Good grief, it's been a month since I last logged on. Anyways..,

Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora Eps 5 & 6: Finally find out who Kuu actually is, more unhappy families, & the re-forged sword Kaon now only serves Mika-sama. Poor Himiko. This series is actually becoming quite tough for me to follow, as I really couldn't give a toss about the main characters of the series but most of the screen time is devoted to them (unfortunately). The plot is drivel IMO, not helped by the fact that the character development is achingly slow. The one thing that I enjoyed immensely about episode 6 was the face-off between the three Swords; Kaon OWNZ all their asses, ha ha!! I will stick wth this show till the end though.

Midori Days Eps 1-13: 'Mad Dog' Seiji laments the fact that in his 17 years of life, he has never had a girlfriend. Shy, quite Midori watches Seiji from afar, never having the courage to admit her feelings for him. Then, one morning, Seiji wakes up to find a 1/6 scale Midori where his right hand should be! Aside from the rather obvious lewd connotations this image conjures up, this is a heartwarming & very funny series. Made me laugh out loud a lot, especially when Seiji & Midori get mistaken for a action figure otaku & his doll.

Disgaea Eps 1-4: This series so far has been a bit of a let down really. The teaser trailers were rather misleading, showing us the beginning of the game storyline in anime form (complete with the monsters, spells, & special attacks from the game), yet the anime itself starts off differently, & the pretty animation seen in the trailer has been replaced with some bland & lacklustre looking art. Here's to hoping that the series gets better over the subsequent volumes.
Oh, & for a change, I watched this series dubbed, as I had heard that the VA's for the game were the same VA's used in Geneon's dub. Laharl, Flonne, & Vyers sound very much like their game counterparts, but Etna's isn't quite right; she sounds childish instead of wicked.

Grenadier Eps 1-12: Another cheap boxset bought on a whim, this series is about the trials & tribulations of a wandering gunslinger as she stravels through a land wracked by war. Sounds kinda heavy but it isnít as the plot is light (as a feather), as is the character development. There is also a lot of blatant fanservice (what an amazing place to store your ammo), but I found this series to be very entertaining & it made me laugh more often that not. And for about UK£10 for the R1 release, it was a bargain too.

A Little Snow Fairy Sugar Eps 1-24: A very fluffy & charming little show, about a schoolgirl who one days finds a little Snow Fairy called Sugar. Itís a slice-of-life/coming-of-age tale about two (unlikely) friends, & together they help each other overcome their trials in life. Itís a very sweet (almost to the point of cloying) series, one that younger kids will enjoy. And yes, being the massive sap that I am, the ending put a lump in my throat.

Fate/Stay Night Eps 4-8: These 4 episodes gave more of an insight to the characters, & revealed more of the Magi. Not as much action as I would have liked (not enough Saber, boo-hoo), but these episodes fleshed out the characters more & revealed more of the backstory. Looking forward to the next DVD release. Oh, the OP theme is kinda growing on me too.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:54 PM   #578   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Elfen Lied, Shuffle, and FLCL.

-Sosuke Sagara

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Old 05-03-2007, 03:44 AM   #579   [permalink]
Magnus9
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Magnus9 Send a message via MSN to Magnus9
Finally picked up the Ghost in the Shell 2nd GiG season on DVD and I'm loving it. Also, popped in Robotech: The Shadow Chronicles that other night, which I didn't love so much.

Life is Peachy
Magnus9
Magnus9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:40 PM   #580   [permalink]
kareebo

i am watching dragonball at the moment... lol it'll be the first time i watch any anime series from the first episode.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:09 AM   #581   [permalink]
Wolfpac
Senior ---------: V.I.P.

Send a message via ICQ to Wolfpac Send a message via AIM to Wolfpac Send a message via MSN to Wolfpac Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfpac
Dragonball from episode 1. Ouch you are in for the long haul.

I am watching "Hoop Dreams" at the moment. It's about basketball. And that is pretty much the plot. It seems like any sport movie but longer. But I'm enjoying it so it doesn't really matter how weak the plot is.
Old 09-03-2007, 03:11 AM   #582   [permalink]
anti-nature

I was really into Eureka 7 but I dont know what happend. I am currently really into Bleach. I cant get enough of it. I was watching love hina.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:34 PM   #583   [permalink]
Kaneda

i just started watching ghost hunt. although the series seems to progress slowly, it always keeps me interested. i also enjoy the semi-scaryness that they seem to be able to throw in. i love horror movies, so im always waiting for the next time a ghost shows up to scare them. so far so good, although it doesnt seem to be very popular.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:24 PM   #584   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

I like ghost hunt alot, but currently I'm watching death note. I can't.... get...enough.

Also Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid

-Sosuke Sagara

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Old 13-03-2007, 09:20 AM   #585   [permalink]
Kaneda

i think everyone is watching death note, thats a givin.