Old 12-07-2007, 02:33 AM   #616   [permalink]
eatpork

I just got back into Ranma 1/2 (I use to read the books in middle school), last show I finished was Tenjho Tenge, which was pretty good, but the ending was idiotic. That's pretty much it as of now, unless Shin Chan counts as anime.
eatpork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:58 AM   #617   [permalink]
Nokari
Forum Master

Finished Midori no Hibi, which was surprisingly a great comedy and romance overall. There were some parts I laughed so hard I was almost in tears.

Finished Gundam F91, meh..

On ep. 5 of Darker Than Black. (pissed off cause I keep downloading foreign language subtitled files because no one puts a freaking note in the description of what language it is...)

Watched Claymore ep. 15 (keeps getting more and more interesting)

Waiting for ep. 20 of Naruto Shippuuden

On ep. 4 of Coyote Ragtime Show

On ep. 2 of Sisters of Wellber

I'm downloading 2 others, but I can't remember the names right now.

Last edited by Nokari; 12-07-2007 at 12:00 PM.
Nokari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2007, 10:28 AM   #618   [permalink]
EVA fiend
Forum Master

Ergo Proxy Eps 13-16: The plot to this series has just taken a left turn somewhere, episode 15 in particular was bizarre. But the way the story is being weaved has still kept my interest, so I'm looking forward to the next DVD.

Tokko Eps 6-9: Marginally better than the first DVD as more background to the Tokko is revealed, but the animation looks absolutely dire in places. Only one more DVD to go, but I'm not expecting any surprises to be honest. Must say that I do like the OP theme a lot though.

Mahoromatic: Something More Beautiful Eps 1-14: Hmm, the last episode to this series was very weird, almost as if Gainax tried to pull an Evangelion type of ending, but falling short of it. Very odd, not in keeping with the rest of the series, & it would have made more sense to end it at episode 13 IMO.

You're Under Arrest The Movie & the Mini Specials : Fujishima's girl cop duo, out doing what they do best, be it driving recklessly around Tokyo whilst chasing after the bad guys, or catching pantie thieves red handed. Light & fluffy so as not to tax the brain.

Shakugan no Shana Eps 21-24: A good end to a series that has surprised me over & over again with it's great character development. Even though I didn't know which direction this show was gonna take when I first started following it, this series has not disappointed me.
Looking forward to the next season (hope Geneon picks it up).

Hellsing Ultimate Eps 2: Gore-tastic episode, with blood & guts galore!! Being a fan of the manga series, this OAV series appeals to me far more than the original TV series. Can't wait for episode 3.

Fate/Stay Night Eps 13-16 : Another great 4 episodes, really enjoyed how Saber's past was revealed. And I think I know Archer's origin's now; if I'm on the money, that's a frigging awesome plot twist!! Oh, & Archer's Ultimate Blade Works was very cool too; he's just elevated himself to my second favourite character in the series (after Saber of course). Looking forward to the next DVD.

My-ZHiME/My-Otome Eps 1-4: The first DVD arrived the other day, a week earlier than the official release date! I enjoyed the first few episodes, though the re-working of some of the original characters' personalities will take some getting used to; Mashiro is a frigging brat, but Haruka is great in this - love how Yukino uses a megaphone to point out the errors in her vocab. *lol* And if anything, Shizuru & Natsuki are even more awesome.

GitS: SAC - Solid State Society : Great movie, with a nice complicated, many threaded plot that is in keeping with the two original TV series. The production values of this movie are much higher though, with some really stunning visuals. And Yoko Kanno is back to score the movie too; what more could you ask for? Excellent stuff.
All I want now is another season to the TV series.

Black Lagoon Eps 1-4 : Wow, what a hyper-violent, kinetically charged start. This is my most anticipated R1 release of this year, & it's explosive start has not let down my expectations. The animation is great (just as I would expect from Madhouse Studios), & the musical score is very fitting. I really like the crew of the Black Lagoon; Dutch is awesome, Rock is not completely spineless, & Revy is utterly psychotic. A highly enjoyable start, I'm really looking forward to more of their madcap adventures. Bring on the next DVD!

^_^

"Touch not the pussy without a glove" - McPhearson clan motto ala IAL :P
EVA fiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 04:41 AM   #619   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Claymore 15-17, 21 - Been reading up on the new anime only stuff, wish it stuck to the manga. 7/10

Code Geass 24+25 - What a cliffhangar, wtb season 2 air date asap!!!! Goro channeled his Scryed leads with that ending LELOUCHE!!!!!!!!!!! SUZUKA!!!!!!!!!!! 9/10

Darker Than Black 5-8 - Was alright, 7-8 were the weakest in the series so far which is probably why I haven't bothered to watch anymore even though the latest ep is on my hd. 7/10

Death Note 1-29 - ------- awesome. 10/10

Gunbuster 1-6 - Rewatched it, still the best thing Gainax have done 10/10

Diebuster 1-6 - Not as good as Gunbuster but still great especially the last few moments that tie into the Gunbuster ending 8.5/10

Gurren Lagann 15-18 - 15 was an amazing episode though after rewatching it and 8 I feel 8 is the better episode now.... just. 16 was a great recap ep, one of the best ones done which also showed of the ost (wtb release date for ost!!). New arc has been alright, will catch up with the rest later. 9/10

Hayate No Gotoku 1-14 - Hilarious, Hinagiku ftw 8.5/10

Heroic Age 1-11 - Feels like it should be better than it is. Will finish it but so many other series ahead of it atm. 7/10

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha 1-13 - Best series in the genre by far, really picks up in episode 4 once Fate arrives on the scene. Liked it a lot more than I ever thought I would. 8/10

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's 1-7 - They really stepped up the fight scenes this series and the antagonists introduced seem interesting. 8.5/10

Shakugan no Shana 1-24 + OVA - Went into this blind and really really enjoyed it, helps when the main male character isn't a spineless wimp and the Flame Hazes are all pretty interesting. Looking forward to the second series. 8/10

Last edited by Westlo; 29-08-2007 at 04:45 AM.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #620   [permalink]
Nayla

As of nao, just Hellsing. I finally managed to rent volumes 2, 3, and 4. Lovin it so far. I plan to give Jigoku Shoujo a try soon... What do people think of it?

And yay for Death Note love!!
Nayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #621   [permalink]
SamIam
Forum Master

An older series about the implications of time travel, called
"Zipang" (which is the old European name for Japan during the earliest periods of western expansion into the Far East.

The series has often been compared to an 8o's movie "The Final Countdown" with Charleton Heston ... where a modern U.S. Carrier is sent back in time to the battle of Midway by some kind of atmospheric temporal disturbance. The basic plot follows the crews reactions and consequent actions of what they decide to do given the potential risks and consequences that are attributed to theoretical time travel. In the case of Zipang, the plot involves the newly commisioned Aegis Class (equivalent) missile frigate being sent back to the battle of Midway. I won't give away the plot, but will say that the story is both interesting and entertaining ... without being overtly "nationalistic" in message.

Sam
Old 14-09-2007, 09:05 PM   #622   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Copypasta from ANN

Let's see

Completed

Death Note - Really enjoyed this series, I think it will end up being one of my all time favs but I'll wait a few months to see how I feel about it than. It did get weaker towards the end but it's brilliant start first 26 eps made up for it 10/10

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha - Started off a tad slow but really picked up after Fate came into the story. Not a fan of the genre but I really enjoyed this. 8/10

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's - Massive improvement on the first series which i also enjoyed. Fight scenes got stepped up nicely and the new characters introduced where good additions to the Nanoha universe. 9/10

Shakugan No Shana - I really enjoyed this series a lot more than I thought I would. <3 Shana, liked Yuji for not being spineless and a lot of the side characters were really fun. OVA was a blast and I'm looking forward to season 2. 8.5/10

Watching

Baccano! (1-4) - This show just oozes confidence, definately a top 5 contender for best show of the year and it's been a very strong year imo. Can't say it enough but <3 Issac & Miria. 9/10

Darker Than Black (9-10) - I enjoyed these episodes a lot more than the previous two, stopped me from dropping the series. It did help that it focused on probably my fav character in the series. 8/10

Hayate No Gotoku (15) - Great episode starring Hinagiku! 8/10

Heroic Age (12) - Bye bye
Spoiler:
Jupiter
I hope those brothers die soon 7.5/10

Kanon 2006 (1-10) - Eps 7-10 were just as moving as the final episodes of Air TV imo, loved it. 9/10

Lucky Star (1-10) - What a riot, love this show, I couldn't get past the food scene when ep 1 first came out (deleted it!) but this show became a keeper after that. I rewatched the Initial D and anime store parodies quite a few times lol 9/10

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS (1-17) - Don't think it's reached the heights of A's yet but it's definitely a different pacing and scenario compared to the previous series. 17 has started to really pick things up though. 8/10

Seirei No Moribito (14) - Another compelling episode, can't wait to marathon through the next batch. 9.5/10

Dropped

Blood+ (1-4) - Failed to hook me and I don't know if I have the time/motivation to go deeper into this series let alone finish it. 6/10

Claymore - Too much on my plate at the moment, with 9 series I'm trying to watch aside from Claymore, will be reading blogs for last 2 eps. Will finish though once I cut through my massive backlog. 7.5/10

Last edited by Westlo; 14-09-2007 at 09:07 PM.
Old 21-09-2007, 08:03 PM   #623   [permalink]
Westlo
Forum Master

Copypasta from ANN

Since last week...

Baccano! (5) - Another great episode, very interested in where this is going. 9/10

Darker Than Black (11-12) - Another alright 2 part arc that is good enough to keep me watching but not good enough to make me put DTB on a higher watch priority. 8/10

Gurren Lagann (19-22) - Finally getting some time to catch up with this quality show. Episodes 19-21 were pretty good but 22 was the first amazing episode since the new arc started. Some great scenes in that episode. 9.5/10

Hayate No Gotoku (16) - Pretty good episode until the final 5 minutes which was just pure pointless filler. I did enjoy the Nagi reading the manga part of it but the rest was awful. 8/10

Kanon 2006 (11-16) - I absolutely loved the Mai/Sayuri arc, this is really top notch show in many aspects and is making me reevaluate how much I liked Air TV. It's a pity the majority of the Air cast never got the chance to shine like Kanons cast. Some surprisingly well animated action sequences in these episodes as well and I adored the waltz scene. 9.5/10

Le Chevalier D'Eon (1-2) - Interesting start with some very fluid fight scenes ala Seirei No Moribito. This one looks to be a keeper and the english dub is pretty decent as well. 8/10

Lucky Star (11) - Another fun episode 8.5/10

Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (1-6) - As much as I adore Hayate No Gotoku and love Lucky Star this show trumps both of them. Some scenes like the stalker chain, the Domestic Violence (it's not what you think!) and the mobile messages are just hilarious. One of the best shows of the year but the lack of fansubs are leaving me in despair. 9.5/10

Seirei No Moribito (15-22) - The top show of 2007 imo, these episodes just cemented it spot. I'm not one who uses the masterpiece title lightly (only have 4 animes ranked as a masterpiece) but this is just about one. Best animation in a tv series as well, some scenes are just a pleasure to watch. Balsas VA is incredible in episode 19 when her voice brakes with emotion and Jiguro is just a fighting god. 10/10
Old 10-10-2007, 11:07 PM   #624   [permalink]
Shinobi X
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Shinobi X Send a message via MSN to Shinobi X
Finishing up on Evangelion and Shrine of the Morning Mist.
Shinobi X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:59 AM   #625   [permalink]
Stingray 67
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Stingray 67
Nadesico OVA

"Brace yourselves.... The area of penetration will no doubt be sensitive." - Spock

Now supporting:
Brainfuzz
Stingray 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 11:24 PM   #626   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Coyote Ragtime Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqvrvdIkrhE
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #627   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
Right now I'm not watching too much anime. I'm back home on vacation so I really haven't had a chance to. I've only watched two anime in the fall season:

Shakugan No Shana II
Clannad

I'll try and watch Gundam 00 before this week is over.

Last edited by ACE2001; 15-10-2007 at 01:25 PM.
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2007, 05:32 PM   #628   [permalink]
Mecha454
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Mecha454
I just finished Tenga Toppen Gurren Lagann.

Currently watching Monster and Gunbuster(again)

-Sosuke Sagara

"We have begun third impact!"

My very own nOOB= Kaneda
Mecha454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 08:34 PM   #629   [permalink]
John Faulkner
Banned

Beyblade
John Faulkner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2007, 12:41 AM   #630   [permalink]
dalmain
Executive Member

Send a message via MSN to dalmain
Almost finished with Chrono Crusade. Watching Space Runaway Ideon too.
dalmain is offline   Reply With Quote