Old 05-07-2001, 06:10 PM   #106   [permalink]
David Ikari
Forum Master

It also sounds similar to a show I cant remember the name of. 4 teens (in the medi-eval times) have power armour, and they must defeat the evil sorceress who threatens to take the land.

But this is Nairohe's dream. These programs and ideas may have mixed together in the deep psychological roller-coaster known as Nairohe's mind, and fused into this creation. Afterall, we are living in the Post Modern age of entertainment.
David Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 02:44 AM   #107   [permalink]
DrkZealot
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to DrkZealot Send a message via AIM to DrkZealot
Nair, I'm really liking that idea. But after a bit of thinking, that detective one also seems promising, I'm already starting to think of some story ideas(I still can't think of why they're using swords instead of guns, but I'm still trying). But right now I don't know which one to go with, play it safe and go with Narohe's idea, or take a chance and go with the detective one.

Last edited by DrkZealot; 06-07-2001 at 02:46 AM.
DrkZealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2001, 02:03 AM   #108   [permalink]
David Ikari
Forum Master

Is the teen summoned to a specific spot, or is he/she just summoned to the world in general? If so, then this could allow an easy view into the enemies, by having them search for the teen, almost catch him/her, but gets away due to cunning villagers or a resistance group.

When the teen is summoned, does he/she experience complications? If so, some could be that the summoning only allowed organic material (the teen him/herself) to pass into the other world. Another might be that the spell has gone out of control and begins to draw too much energy from the castor. The person casting the spell could pass out or die, allowing a few more complications. This great fluctuation in power may cause the summoning to drag too much to the other dimension, thus bringing the room, or even other people. If you want, you can do the whole ‘Tenchi’ thing and just bring the whole house along for the ride.

Future development thing: Maybe the first enemy could be the Knights themselves…
A spell created in the Future has caused the four Knights to be sent back in time. The knights of the present think that these beings are evil creations, and thus attempt to destroy them. The knights from the future try to explain things, but in the end, have to resort fighting. With this whole thing worked out, they get together and try to send the future knights home (due to the fact that without the four knights in the future, there will be no one to protect the pillar). Using this journey, a few hints of the future to come can be placed in, and the knights realise their fullest potential, including the teen that has just arrived.

Little continuity note:
Wouldn’t the knights of opposing elements hold a negative response to each other?
Why not use this to an advantage. The more their powers towards harnessing their individual elemental powers, the more they take on the personas of these elements. If a relationship has been developed between the Knights of Fire and Ice (just an example), then their developing powers would have a more concentrated effect on each other (normally it would just be fire against ice, but in a case of love, then it is the relationship that turns against them). In fact, the closer opposing forces are to each other, the more they turn against each other.
In this manner, they can embark on a quest to find out how to develop mental control over themselves, and repressing the elemental urges.

Hows this? (Please note: I will most likely not be able to respond to this for a while J ). Also, this is more of a boredom induced rant.
David Ikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2001, 04:43 PM   #109   [permalink]
Plinka

I have an idea for a manga... It is about some talking heads in glass jars (like fish bowls). They escape from a lab and go on exciting adventures!! Oooh! How cool! Wouldn't that be something?! hee hee hee hee hee....
Old 11-07-2001, 10:34 PM   #110   [permalink]
Nokari
Forum Master

I think Plinka sounds like a personality we could use for one of the characters.
Old 12-07-2001, 01:47 PM   #111   [permalink]
Plinka

Hee hee hee hee hee hee... Peoples are being afraid of my plot... This be making Plinka happy. Yet... Peoples... Aaaaaauuuggghhhhh!!! Who are you?! Wat are you doin wit dat?! Why must you torment Plinka?! No! Not that! Stop! Sto-

hee hee hee hee hee hee.....
Old 12-07-2001, 03:37 PM   #112   [permalink]
Falinah
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Falinah
...so nice to have you contribute Plinka...
Falinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 03:55 PM   #113   [permalink]
Plinka

You're welcome...
Old 12-07-2001, 03:57 PM   #114   [permalink]
Plinka

....you're welcome...
Old 13-07-2001, 01:11 AM   #115   [permalink]
Coign
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Coign
Before this thread spills over by Futurama-induced insanity, can we start writing this damned thing already? It's not that hard. Nair, flip a coin or something!
Coign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2001, 12:45 PM   #116   [permalink]
Plinka

Actually I came up with this idea before futurama ever existed.... about three years ago. So There.
Old 13-07-2001, 01:32 PM   #117   [permalink]
Nairohe
Ex Moderator V.I.P.

Send a message via AIM to Nairohe Send a message via Yahoo to Nairohe
you know... i wonder wehre those people who talked to me privately and volunteered go... blink blink* ah heck.. i'll work on it...
Old 13-07-2001, 08:51 PM   #118   [permalink]
DrkZealot
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to DrkZealot Send a message via AIM to DrkZealot
Quote:
Originally posted by Nairohe
you know... i wonder wehre those people who talked to me privately and volunteered go... blink blink* ah heck.. i'll work on it...
*scratches his head* Uh, have we already decided what story to go with? Cause I'm ready when everyone else is.
Old 14-07-2001, 12:30 AM   #119   [permalink]
Coign
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to Coign
Quote:
Originally posted by Nairohe
Uh hello? Computer completely rooted here...
Coign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2001, 02:31 PM   #120   [permalink]
Falinah
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Falinah
I'm just waitin' fer the story! I would love to get started drawing pretty soon! ...at least I do have stuff to work on...
Falinah is offline   Reply With Quote