Old 14-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #1   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

Red face Claymore

Here is a series that is considered a classic by some – based on what I have read others say about it. Also, I have seen postings on this site where others have talked about it before. I am just now getting around to watching Claymore. I am having trouble finding the time to watch it with the baseball playoffs on. So I am only watching the English dubs.

A Claymore is half-woman and half-yoma. They are trained to kill full yomas who eat people. Claire is a Claymore who manages to hook up with a rather wimpy kid named Rocky. At least in the English dub he is called Rocky. Sorry, no Bullwinkle. Rocky does serve a use, however. He keeps Claire in touch with her human side.

I only have watched the first five episodes on disc 1. So far, it seems that beyond all the violence, this is a show about humanity. Will Claire keep hers’ or become a monster. Notable, the series does not wait long to start giving us the backstory.

More to come. I know many of you have already seen Claymore. While I would like your comments, please no spoilers!
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2012, 10:33 PM   #2   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

I completed disc 2, episodes 6-10, and learned more about the tragedy that is the Claymores. Most of disc 2 concerns itself with the back story of how Claire became a Claymore.

And here let me interject a few words about character development. A lot of effort went into developing different characters with their different personalities and quirks. It would be too easy not to bother with individual personalities for characters who are only in two or three episodes. But the creators of Claymore do not seem to be doing too much that is easy. The characterizations are great and the individuality is quite convincing without going over-board. This may be the show's greatest asset.
MeMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2012, 04:21 AM   #3   [permalink]
Pengi_Ken-Ohki

Send a message via ICQ to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via AIM to Pengi_Ken-Ohki Send a message via Yahoo to Pengi_Ken-Ohki
Sadly it really drops off once it diverges from the manga.
Pengi_Ken-Ohki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2012, 12:07 AM   #4   [permalink]
MeMyself
Forum Junkie

When I get to that point, maybe you can tell me when it diverges from the manga. Meanwhile, I completed disc 3 and for me the series is becoming more interesting. There is a lot of deadly politics being played out within the organization