Old 27-04-2003, 02:05 PM   #1   [permalink]
PenPen2
Forum Master

PP2's newest crap

Since I haven't really been here in a while... And I pretty much draw once every two months or so... I figure I might as well post everything I drew since I've been gone in one thread.

I know they aren't great or wonderful, but if you look at my old stuff (or have been looking all along), I think you will notice a lot of progress.

I colored these with color pencils and then I scanned them...(Click the underlined.)

Blonde girl - she has a long neck...>< I messed up on the neck, I admit it. Personally I think everything looks decent except for the neck...And maybe the head should be a little bigger... Comments?

Red-headed girl - I need to come up with better titles.^^; One of her eyes is smaller than the other, and I messed up while inking her knee...>< So it looks all thin at the thigh and knobby at the knee... (*psst - I'm terrible with feet- so please criticize gently*) Comments?

There is one picture I've been working on this month that is more realistic- it's a drawing of my boyfriend... I just need to work on the shading and I'll have that up sometime within the next two weeks. (I have a busy schedule what with work, school, and all.)

Last edited by PenPen2; 27-04-2003 at 02:06 PM.
PenPen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2003, 01:41 PM   #2   [permalink]
Yui_Reborn
---------

Send a message via AIM to Yui_Reborn
Doesn't someone have an 8-12 page research paper to do right now? . Heh, I do too actually, so I guess it's the pot calling the kettle black.

Onto the pics:
First Girl: EXCELLENT job on the torso and the legs, not only does she actually have a realistic anatomy (for once!), but there's a good sense of weight distribution. Your characters look like they are actually standing upright and not floating in space, which I appreciate because I think it's deceptively hard to do.

Her arm is a bit misshapen (I think it's too small), and you're right that her head should really be bigger and wider. Finally, the way you drew the hair looks a little bit unrealistic compared to the realism of her figure- it needs some weight.

Red Haired Girl: Again the head could be a tad bigger (I think it's more in proportion here than in the last one though), and her lower legs look a tiny bit off somehow. However, considering how hard it is to draw proper calves and feet properly, I think you did it about 99% right, so on the whole it looks pretty good.

For someone who only claims to draw about once every two months, these are very nice drawings. Post your new one when you finish it.
Old 29-04-2003, 07:27 PM   #3   [permalink]
PenPen2
Forum Master

Hey, thanks for all of the nice comments. Usually I get torn apart limb from limb when I post any of my art here. (That is, either it's really really crap, or people really really don't like me...But I could care less if it was the second option.)

This is the first time I've even had time to remember I posted these. haha So yeah, I'm a day behind on a response.

I really only draw a couple of times a month. Anytime I get stressed or depressed. I'm done with the picture of my boyfriend, but I'm at my brother's apartment, and the picture is at home. I'm just going to post it in here as well...No one goes out of their way (except you) to criticize it, so why waste the thread space? ^~
PenPen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2003, 11:18 PM   #4   [permalink]
Megumi H
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Megumi H Send a message via AIM to Megumi H
It looks a lot like my stuff, but better. ^.~
Old 03-05-2003, 04:40 PM   #5   [permalink]
PenPen2
Forum Master

Hah...Riiight...

Anyway, I said I was going to post this picture of my boyfriend- so here goes... I'm still not completely satisfied with it... But it's not bad. I showed it to my best friend and she said it was the best thing she's seen that I've drawn... So here goes... If anyone wants to see the picture that I eyeballed the hell out of to draw this, just let me know and I'll post that one up here as well.^^ By the way, sorry it took me so long to post it... I've been bombarded with all kinds of work... (Both homework and with my job...) Try to enjoy it. Believe me though, I don't do him much justice.^~

*licks her lips* God he's so yummy...
Attached Images:
File Type: jpg my lovely boyfriend.jpg (61.0 KB, 10 views)