Old 11-05-2003, 09:39 PM   #1   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Yasei Chi
Shadowscapes dieties...as chibis. ^_^;;;

Well, I was thinking the other night that I should make a new clock design for my Cafepress store, and that I should put my Lord of Fate (one of the gods of my Shadowscapes manga) on it, since he sorta' controls time too. Except if I put him on a clock, I want to put him either really spiffy, or chibi. I went for chibi, and decided I should draw all of the 13 (14 if you count Shadow and Darkness, twins, as individuals) gods as chibis. So I started with the Sungoddes, and it went from there.

Here are the first three. They're the Sungoddes (the principal diety of this world), the Moongod (her brother), and Lady Mortis, or Lady Death. Mortis looks pissed.
Attached Images:
File Type: gif godchibis1.gif (48.7 KB, 44 views)
Old 11-05-2003, 09:44 PM   #2   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

And here's the second set of three, consisting of Lord Chaos (my favorite, and patron diety of Konton, if you care), the Green Man, and Mother Nature (probably going to be renamed to the Green Mother). Chaos' costume changes depending on his mood, and is never the same twice, which will make him fun when I show him in the manga. The only consistent thing about him, as far as I've figured so far, is his staff, his half-mask, and his hair (sometimes). He even decided to play a joke on his priests and magicked all of the statues of him to change appearances on occasion.

Anyway, enjoy. Oh, and these were all done in a notebook with a fine-tipped ballpoint pen. I'll redraw them eventually onto sketchbook paper.
Old 11-05-2003, 09:46 PM   #3   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

Gah, forgot the picture.
Attached Images:
File Type: gif godchibis2.gif (48.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 11-05-2003, 09:48 PM   #4   [permalink]
Megumi H
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Megumi H Send a message via AIM to Megumi H
Hmmm.. chibi Fate. If anyone could pull that off, it'd have to be you.

Well, these three look good (but Mortis' poofy hair makes her head look wide) and pretty nice as chibis. I still prefer the slightly smaller size head, but hey, it's your style. Mortis' eyes look a little heavily shaded (unless it's supposed to be dark makeup) and they kind of look crossed, but aside from that and the hair, she looks good, though a bit creepy.

The second three also look cute, though I don't really like the Green Man's mask thingy... it's too... greensey. Chaos is certainly an intriguing character! ^_^ He seems to have the perfect job. I think I like Mother Nature the best; her mouth looks kinda pouty and her expression is just so kyute!!

Keep up the cuteness. ^_^

Last edited by Megumi H; 12-05-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Megumi H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2003, 09:59 PM   #5   [permalink]
ryushe
Executive Member

My fav is chibi MoonGod & chibi SunGod
I'll have to agree with Megumi about Mortis((about the head)) the same goes for chibi MotherNature but if i could draw chibi's as good as you i would be set.
Very nice job
ryushe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 02:13 AM   #6   [permalink]
vdshake
Forum Junkie

Send a message via Yahoo to vdshake
The Chibis are nice but i thinks the heads are a tad to big for my liking....but what heck who am I to say that...good job !
vdshake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 03:05 PM   #7   [permalink]
SenshiNaka
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to SenshiNaka Send a message via Yahoo to SenshiNaka
Their good, I like the Chibi - Lord Chaos, but chibis are the spawn of satan...
SenshiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 05:34 PM   #8   [permalink]
Nulani
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Nulani Send a message via AIM to Nulani Send a message via MSN to Nulani Send a message via Yahoo to Nulani
It's Chibis!

---C&C:

*sigh* It's so depressing when people who have posted before you have already found all the bugs; makes you feel like you're walking down the path to unemployment, or soemthing like that. Anyway. They're chibis, I think that speaks for itself: Unnecessarily cute, and cute is evil. And as we all know: Evil is good.
Nulani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 09:48 PM   #9   [permalink]
Yasei Chi
Forum Addicted

::chuckles:: Thanks guys. ^_^ You all just made my day brighter.

Addressing some of the bugs:

Yeah, some of the heads are too big. I was doodling with a pen and couldn't adjust much, so I was making do.

Mortis' eyes are supposed to be shaded that heavily (dark around them, like they're sunken in or heavily makeuped), but the cross-eyed look was unintentional. I also don't like how her hair came out. And I'm glad to hear she's creepy. ^_^

I'm also annoyed with the mask on the Green Man. I'll see if I can fix that for a cleaner version.

Glad you guys like them! ^_^ I'm sure I'll end up doodling some more tonight during work. I'm already started on the Seaqueen. (that makes 7 out of 14 gods).