Old 29-06-2000, 04:21 PM   #1   [permalink]
eva2000
Administrator

jasdf
EVA-Pilot
(3/29/00 8:15:23 am)
Reply | Edit | Del All More on eva's souls
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, its pretty much understodd that there is a soul in every eva but does it have to be the mother's?

Eva01-Yui
Eva02-Asuka's mother

Both of the two mentioned above are in the children's images
exe. Asuka has plenty of mental images of her mother

now:
Eva00-Rei
Since in several occasions Rei has mental images and talks to... herself, could this mean that is the soul that resides in 00 is Rei's?

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/29/00 8:24:41 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Make the madness stop!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have explained this far too many times and it is beginning to get old! The soul inside of Eva-00 is Naoko Akagi, not Rei, not Lilith but Naoko!!!! How could Rei be in there? How can a soul be in two places at once. much the same with Lilith, Lilith's soul is in Lilith! Naoko was the first person to sync and the only one with reason to try to kill Rei, Shinji and Ritsuko. For more info check out ask Capt Jake anything about Evangelion the first part. That has a much more in depth look at Eva-00's soul

catgirl
EVA-Pilot
(3/29/00 6:27:08 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Rei's soul?
As a clone, does Rei even have a soul? I notice that some have theorized that the only reason Rei could pilot an Eva at all was because she had some Angel's DNA (Lilith's if I'm not mistaken. It's more spelled out in End of Evangelion, I think). Kaoru was an Angel, and he had no problem with the synch tests.

Yes, I do believe that Naoko's "soul" (or at least, her morality) is within Eva 00. What else would cause her to choke a little child to death? It would also explain why Eva 00 seems to hate synching with Rei, since Rei is a clone of Yui, and Naoko was extremely jealous of the Ikaris.

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/29/00 11:51:25 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: More on eva's souls
There is still no EVIDENCE that Naoko is in 00. The only two Evas we can be sure about are 01 and 02. Units 03, 00 and the rest of the production series are highly dubious.
I like the idea of naoko being in 00, but one question,

00 is the prototype the first eva. perhaps it does not have a soul in it nor needs one (like 03 and the rest of the production models).

01 and 02 may have been modified by gendo and yui to further their senario while still keeping in line with SEELE's plans. Having an human soul may not be absoulutly needed.

ATh

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/30/00 1:08:24 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Sorry to burst your bubble but...
All of the Eva's have souls in them. Remember how when Ritsuko destroyed the dummy system and she says that "inside of the empty shell of each Eva is a human soul" Therefore Every Eva has a soul. Even unit-03 and the mass production series. It was just never made clear who's soul it was. We have no idea why the marduke orgainsation picks the pilots or how they know who will sync so who knows. Also stop with all of this no proof of Naoko bull$#!
She is the only person who it could be. How many times do we have to go over this?Remember episode 14 Weaving a story where Shinji tried to sync with Shinji and it tried to kill him. Well that wasn't filler, The whole point of that episode was to clue you in that the sould obviously hates Yui and anyone in her likeness ie.Rei or Shinji.if you just pay attention you'd see that that was pretty much the point of that episode. Why would Lilith want a piece of Shinji? An Eva needs a soul and I can tell by the fact that some people still question Eva-00's soul after I have laid out soooooo much proof on this MB, that a great many of you shouldn't become detectives because by the prossess of deduction or elimination Naoko is in Eva-00. It's just elementary my dear Watson

EVA Berserker
EVA-Pilot
(3/30/00 11:07:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del EVA Series Souls?

I know about the souls in units 0-3 but what about the EVA Series? Could they have been from karou, i know he was 'used' for the dummy plug system for the EVA series... but what about their souls?

EVA Berserker

A T h 401
EVA-Pilot
(3/31/00 12:46:10 am)
Well thanks for the remarks jake, there is no need to get so worked up about it. Still, simply because you say this is so does not make it so and i didn't buy that answer the first time around. As for the soooo much proof i would like to ask WHERE, i haven't seen any on this board other than your "She is the only person who it could be."

I would also like to point out to anybody who reads my posts that i always maintain that this is my opinion, i do not claim to know everything about Eva as it was intended, simply because there is only a very select few who ever could (if not only one man- who created the story).

As for the ep you mention, i dont see 00 trying to kill Shinji, Shinji experianced some of Rei's/00 memory and did not like it (it invaded his space so to speak) he lost control as 00 gained so control. 00 went beserk and tried to kill Rei, which Rei would have been happy to have happen.

ATh

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/31/00 1:15:15 am)
hmm... everyone is entitled to their opinions... i enjoy reading all your posts no matter how different or similar your view points are... i am believe that all members (new and old) will enjoy your view points as well..

can you imagine a world or board where everyone agrees to the same thing, where no one has has differing views ?

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(3/31/00 7:49:05 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Oh Please
Hey man, maybe you forgot about the most visited thread on this MB. Ask Captain Jake anything about Evangelion. It was used so much that I had to make a new one. The point is that if you go back and read from the previous times we had this same argument the proof is there. I just don't feel like going over it again. And also, It soooooooooo tried to kill Shinji. It did it in the exact same way it tried to kill rei by hammering it's own head against the wall and lashing out at Rei and Ritusko as well. The only difference is that they most likely fixed the malfunction that made Rei's entry plug eject the first time around. If it just wanted to kill Rei then why would it of banged it's head against the wall as if to say "get outta my head fool" And remember how Naoko hated Yui sooooo much that she murdered Rei I, tried to kill Rei II and also tried to KILL her son Shinji because that would hurt her more than anything else. I'll betcha that if Naoko ever got the chance she would of killed young Shinji as well.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(3/31/00 12:22:52 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Oh Please
yeah for brevity sake,

Part 1 of Ask Capt Jake
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=37.topic

Part II
pub1.ezboard.com/faustral...D=78.topic

hehe, maybe Capt you should add these 2 links to your signature

Here's the link to how to add links
http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aeng...aq.html#15

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/1/00 11:14:40 am)
the question is.....can the soul be imprinted while the pilot is still living?

and remember that Naoko killed Rei I in a rage, and indeed, she was angry at Gendo for her own "uselessness" AND she did kill herself in regret.............
----"Gyaaa" -Penē

jasdf
EVA-Pilot
(4/2/00 1:59:01 am)
okay, I haev to say this. Capt Jake has been getting on my nerves... You seem to enjoy putting down people's theories then making them feel bad about the fact they put them up. and you don't know everything, I seem to remember in one insance you said something that contridicted the Red Cross Book which is the best source for info. Only one guy can answer many of the mysteries of Eva and I have a feeling that he won't anytime soon

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/2/00 2:19:09 am)
**cough...cough**

I hope this ends here and doesn't escalate...

after all we are all NEON GENESIS EVANGELION FANS

What ever theories on Evangelion we come up with, I think we all love it cause it's... Eva !

This board is going soooooo well so far and i oh it all you folks... otherwise I will be talking to myself on this board

EVA Berserker
EVA-Pilot
(4/2/00 2:35:44 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Extra Info

I found some kewl info using an EVAngelion Turnpike, just go to http://www.anipike.com/eva.html it has HEAPS of links...

EVA Berserker

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/2/00 2:46:59 am)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Extra Info
yeah EVA Berserker there's heaps of Eva links (including mine )

Problem is more then half of them are either dead links, dead sites or partially finished sites dated back in 1997, 98 etc...

see if you can see where my site is

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/2/00 11:46:22 am)
Reply | Edit | Del What's not to like about the Captain?
Getting on your nerves eh? Or is that spelled Nervs? he he. Sorry, well it's not like I enjoy putting theories down. I know I sound very opinionated but so do all of those talk Radio disk jockeys. They get paid to be real opinionated and get people angry. If you don't make people mad they won't call in. Think of my posts as the same thing. If I dont' strike up controversy people aren't gonna feel as compelled to post messages. Aside from Eva2000 name one person who has brought more discussion to the board than moi. I strike up debates nuff said. Now I'm not going to retaliate by calling you stupid or an ignorant jerk or anything like that. I'm gonna stop this right here. Constructive critisizm accepted. I agree with Eva2000 and I apologize to anyone who I man of ticked off. I had no intention to make you feel bad if anyone did.

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/2/00 3:55:02 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
RUBISH, RUBISH, RUBISH...
What a load of abosolute rubbish, I visited that site Beserker said and had a detailed look at their "information" page, what fabrication truths. Here is an extract, I believe this is the first time I have been offended by someone who is an EVA fan let alone an anti-EVA person. I have added notes and anaylsed the information for this message board.

"Mysteries introduced in any story should be answered before the story ends (Why then we leave not thinking an further about the series or taking anything with us -Access). That is the bottom line in writing a story (I would hate to read one of his books or stories). If a story ends without any explanation of the basic premise and background used, not only would you upset the reader but you would have also condemned your future career as a writer (Strange that Evangelion is one of the top Animes of the world before the movies came out -Access). The movie THE END OF EVANGELION tried to answer a lot of the questions that has bugged this animation and I must admit it has succeeded in most of the controversial parts like the Second Impact and The Human Complement Program. However a lot of the mystery remains about Lillith and how it got here on earth in the first place. The second angel is still unknown (???????????? -Access). The fans have considered Eva-01 to be the second angel (???????? -Access) but that was disproven when it was explained in the movie that Eva-01 was a clone of Lillith. There is also the question of Adam and how Seele got hold of it. A lot of the answer to these questions are said to be written in the dead sea scrolls but the story ended without even the hint of what the scrolls says. A lot of questions were answered but new ones follow. Its a whole can of worms." (And explaing to me why this is a bad thing -Access

"....This happens when the editing flip flops or an error in the script was not detected, be it in the premise or the logic in the story. We normally call them bloopers if it is not that serious, ............. one major flaw of the story was why prevent the Third Impact from happening when in fact the Third Impact is what Seele really wanted? (On word applie to this individual mindless loser - Access) Many people argue that the ultimate objective of the story is to show the growth and change (very good but this brainless wonder has to disagree" that has happened in Shinji's life but things like this Third Impact scenerio can somewhat puzzle the viewer. Another is the death of Kaji, who cares who killed him, but wont you want to know anyway?" (WHAT DO YOU MEAN WHO CARES!!!!!!! -Access)

"Items used in any story be it an artifact or an idea must be explained and connected to the overall plot (heard of Subplots -Access). However in this animation a lot of the items used were either just for art (Blull%^$# - Access) or to make it look complicated (Again Bull%$#^ -Access). For example, The Tree of Life, you see it in the opening of the TV series, you see it in the ceiling of Gendou's room, you also see it just before they initiate the Third Impact. But no explanation was given in the animation about why it is so important (This guys had not one working brain cell - Access), why must it be the Tree of Life and not a christian cross? Looking over a book that explains what the Tree of Life is, will not help much either but will only complicate matters." (It was designed to make one think not blindly accept the information displayed to you - Access)

"All terms used in a story must be made understandable to the reader. (Why? -Access) Any person who has watched the last two episodes of the TV series would complain of not understanding half of it because of the special words used in those episodes. (Of course it makes you think and understand the chracters to a point of painful reconition -Access) The words are not even listed in a typical dictionary because you can only find them in the glossary of a psychological book or a scientific journal. (Thats why it is a good series -Access) Word has filtered that these two episodes were hastly done in order to meet the deadline. A professional writer will never sacrifice his work for a deadline. (Is this suggesting the EVA creator was not a professional then? - Access) The creators of Evangelion has realized this and thus produced the film. (NO! The movie was created to futher the appreciation for the EVA fans - Access) However in the film, no explanation was made to the ultimate fate of Adam." (Not everything is surpost to be answered - Access)

"It makes you wonder why, for example, did Ritsuko change from her swimsuit in episode 1 to her laboratory clothes when she was leading Misato and Shinji to the Eva-01 hangar, despite there was no time to spare, would it not be much of a trouble had she wore the swimsuit all the way to the Eva-01 hangar and showed Shinji for the first time, Eva-01? Also the sudden change of the beer of Misato from Ebisu to Bao kind of makes you wonder?" (Hes attacking the important issues here - Access)

This coming from a "enlightended fan" of eva. Its also not like this is a page not changed in two years it was updatated 2 months ago. TRASH TRASH TRASH.
Access

Access
NERV-Technician
(4/2/00 3:59:19 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del
Re: RUBISH, RUBISH, RUBISH...
Sorry EVA2000 stuck this in the wrong thread. Opps.

Access

Capt Jake
EVA-Pilot
(4/3/00 12:52:46 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del I totally agree
You are right Access, whoever wrote that was either very igonrant or stupid. It makes you wonder however whether it's better to be ignorant or stupid. I personally believe ignorace is better because you can teach a stupid person. A stupid person doesn't know any better so you can't hold it against them. But Ignorant people are just jerks who refuse to believe. Sorry off topic but this guy hasn't any idea what he's talking about. Really, part of what makes Eva so special is because none of the answers are laid out for you. The point is that Eva is not just another mindless anime in which you know how it's going to end 10 minutes into the first episode. I think it's better that these things are left unanswered don't you? It is there because obviously our good friends at Gainax wanted us to think a little bit while we marvelled at the amazing action scenes and stared in awe at the characters who are so real it's scary. I think that Eva is the first time I have ever felt true sympathy for a character in an anime series or any series for that matter. I love it because I can look at it and say "that's me!", "Holy #$%^ that's me!" Well that's my reason for loving it anyways. At first I resisted it(or tried to at least)I thought that it was just another anime. But I couldn't stop watching. At first I hated Shinji. He was a whiner but as the series progressed I grew to love him.(wipe that smirk off your face) He is just like me deep down inside. As I watch it I see some of the other characters in myself as well like Misato. She is a lot like me as well. Kaji, he's da man. Askua, yeah I can be an agressive, egotistical person at times. All of that real human drama to the backdrop of some of the greatest action sequences and most in depth story I have ever come across got me hooked. Sorry if that is off topic but I thought I'd share my feelings on Eva. Also, if the story was all laid out for you and there were no mysteries then guys like me would be out of a job on this message board.

eva2000
NERV-Commander-(Admin)
(4/3/00 1:20:51 pm)
Reply | Edit | Del Re: Extra Info
darn it, do you guys believe it.. Anipike removed my site's listing from the Evangelion section

It's not there at all, to check you open the Anipike.com Evangelion page and view source code and hit ctl-f and type eva2000 and it's not there

Eva2000.com is probably the most updated and up to date Eva site on that list and probably one of the most visited Eva sites on the net.

Does anyone have any idea why i would be removed ?

Pen2
EVA-Pilot
(4/8/00 1:00:24 am)
Reply | Edit | Del I'll agree, for now....
and just think. if Eva HAD spelt everything out in black and white we wouldn't have liked it nearly as much, and we wouldn't be having the charming discussions that we're having right now
----"Gyaaa" -Penē