Old 18-01-2004, 04:30 AM   #46   [permalink]
KaWoRu_AnGeL
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to KaWoRu_AnGeL
Initial D and Naruto babay! I'm on volume 8 of Initial D and volume 2 of Naruto although I've seen to episode 64 of Naruto...
Anime Illusions: are you awake or still in a dream?
KaWoRu_AnGeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2004, 05:52 AM   #47   [permalink]
ACE2001
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to ACE2001 Send a message via Yahoo to ACE2001
One Piece! This manga is so addicting, I'm trying hard to stop reading right now. I'm on chapter 53 now, only about 250+ more to go!!
ACE2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2004, 04:10 PM   #48   [permalink]
Dr0nak
Forum Junkie

Send a message via AIM to Dr0nak Send a message via Yahoo to Dr0nak
Did I post here before? I don't remember. Well, I'm reading everything that's in the US Shonen Jump magazine right now. Looking at the latest issue I have, that would be Shaman King, Naruto, DBZ, Hikaru no Go, Yuyu Hakusho, One Piece, and Yu-Gi-Oh! Plus whatever 1st chapter previews they stick in there since SandLand ended and they didn't sub in another short series in its place. A while back I read the Cowboy Bebop and Cowboy Bebop Shooting Star manga that I bought in a boxed set. In probably about a month when most of the books get off backorder, I'll be able to read Love Hina which I recently ordered. I'm looking forward to that; I really enjoyed the anime and want to know how the story is actually supposed to end. And many people told me the manga was better than the anime so this should be good. I think that covers it. Oh, I re-read Onegai Teacher recently, too. Ran out of new fun reading and since that was only 2 volumes I read it again.
Dr0nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 01:01 AM   #49   [permalink]
Shadowbard
Executive Member

Well, seeing as it's been a long time since I posted here....

I finished reading Kodomo no Omocha through the official translations. I still need to buy the rest of the series in Japanese, and I don't know that I'll be getting the English volumes, but I have read it. Love it.

I'm still reading Fruits Basket, purchasing the translated volumes as they come out. Which means it's still slow going. ^_^;;

Finished all of Saiyuki (including the first volume of Gaiden and the first two of RELOAD), but I'm also purchasing the English translations as they come out and rereading it. Still need to purchase it all in Japanese....

Reading Hana-Kimi through scanslations and the official translations as they come out. I'm currently disappointed with the quality of the translations, but I'm hoping they get better. Need to purchase this series in Japanese and continue to purchase the translations.

Also reading Alice 19th through the official translations. The translations seem to be decent, but I don't have the original manga to compare them with, so I have no real way of knowing for sure. I'll probably get the original Japanese at some point in time.

D.N. Angel is another series I'm rereading as the official translations come out and I purchase them. Originally read it in the Japanese with older versions of the current translation (before Tokyopop licensed it).

The last series I'm currently pursuing is Chronicles of the Cursed Sword. I'm enjoying it, although I haven't picked up volume 5 yet.

Dang...manga (translated and untranslated) is becoming a bad habit of mine. Oh well, there are worse things to be addicted to, I suppose. At least all of these things have reread value. I'm just worried because there are several series that will be coming out shortly that look to be quite good. Hopefully I'll be able to get my hands on some of them, but will also be able to have some self control.

~Shadrach Anki

| Grove | Bardic Musings |
Shadowbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2004, 01:54 PM   #50   [permalink]
dheu
Forum Elite

Send a message via Yahoo to dheu
Self-control?! Bah!

Actively reading:

Alichino
Angel Sanctuary
Azumanga Daioh
Berserk
Blade of the Immortal
Demon Diary
Fruits Basket
Full Metal Panic!
Gravitation
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Petshop of Horrors
Planetes
Rune Soldier
Saiyuki

I dropped a few off my list from a few months ago, but I more than made up for them. Hmmm... maybe self-control would be a good thing after all.

Just finished:

Boys Next Door - (reread). Agh! Man, this one was depressingly fantastic. Very short, but very good. It's by the same person who did Angel Sanctuary (Kaori Yuki)... it has the same excellent artwork, and different but equally twisted themes. I'd really, really recommend this one to those of you who aren't overly squeamish.

Darkside Blues. Disappointed with it, actually. I've seen the anime a few times, and I was hoping for more backstory or more of an epilogue... but it pretty much started where the anime did and stopped where it did, and it was expensive to boot. Drat.
Old 27-04-2004, 04:08 PM   #51   [permalink]
NewGenesis

Send a message via ICQ to NewGenesis
I am reading Rurouni Kenshin and Samurai Deeper Kyo, and a little of DNAngel.
Old 27-04-2004, 08:42 PM   #52   [permalink]
SenshiNaka
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to SenshiNaka Send a message via Yahoo to SenshiNaka
Ive been mostly reading Batman comics too much to get around to finishing Love Hina, then i want to start Naruto or Hellsing.
SenshiNaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2004, 11:40 AM   #53   [permalink]
Bradster
Forum Addicted

Send a message via AIM to Bradster Send a message via MSN to Bradster
Started collecting the Sorcerer Hunters manga last month, and the Battle Vixens (Ikkitousen) manga yesterday. Waiting for Battle Angel Alita: Last Order #4 and Trigun #3 now..
Bradster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2004, 06:47 AM   #54   [permalink]
onop

Send a message via ICQ to onop Send a message via AIM to onop Send a message via MSN to onop Send a message via Yahoo to onop
One Piece
DNAngel
Marmalade Boy
Negima!
GTO
Cowboy Bebop
SGT Frog
AI Ga Tomaranai

Just tell her to leave my Digi Charat underwear alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ah, how the mighty have fallen. Nerd.
onop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2004, 01:33 PM   #55   [permalink]
Shadowbard
Executive Member

Originally Posted by dheu
Self-control?! Bah! ;)
*wry grin*

I should have known better to talk about self-control. I seem to have very little of it as far as certain things are concerned (like manga). I have done some borrowing since my last post, but most of what I've done has been in the buying category.

Borrowed:

Magic Knight Rayearth - I forgot how much I could enjoy a CLAMP story, but reading this reminded me. I'm going to have to pick it up at some point, especially if I can get my hands on the box sets as they come with some extra material.

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne - The manga has more funky religious aspects than the anime does. I enjoyed it a lot, and really wish that this series would be made available translated. Current probability of that happening...fairly low (though not as low as some other series I love).

Bought (since last post):

Alice 19th volumes 3 and 4. I'm currently waiting semi-patiently for volume 5 to be released. Should be available next month.

Chronicles of the Cursed Sword volumes 5 and 6. Still greatly enjoying the series and looking forward to the next volume.

Crescent Moon volume 1. The artwork is a bit confusing at the beginning of the volume, but by the end I was already wanting the second volume to be out. Sadly, it is not yet and I'm not sure when it's going to be.

D.N. Angel volume 2. Some of the pages were scanned in poorly and/or printed a bit off on the pages, but nothing I can't deal with. Besides, I get my kaitou fix with this series. ^_^

Fruits Basket volume 3. Only comment is that Shigure seems a lot scarier in the manga than he ever was in the anime. More sinister too, while at the same time being happy-go-lucky. It's bizzare.

Hana-Kimi volume 2. Translations in this volume were better than in volume 1 (no glaring grammatical errors, for one thing), but still not up to par with the scanslations for accuracy. Still, I'm waiting impatiently for volume 3, which should be released in July. Unless Viz delays the release, which is entirely possible.

One Piece volumes 1 to 3. As this series has essentially eaten my brain, I've read these volumes through at least three times each while waiting for the next volume to come out. Which will hopefully happen sometime at the end of this month. And then I can hurry and wait some more. Seriously contemplating picking up volumes in Japanese to look at the pretty pictures.

Saiyuki volume 2. Happy reread for me. Of course, I've been on a bit of a Saiyuki kick (in addition to my recent obsession with One Piece) so I'm still waiting impatiently for the next volume to be released 'cause I know how good the series is.

Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE volume 1. I'm really wishing that Del Rey would release volumes in a more timely fashion (having to wait until September for the second volume is very frustrating), but as the translations seem to be very good I'm not complaining. Too much.

Wow...13 new volumes of manga in two months. I don't buy regular books with that much obsession...and I'm a confirmed bibliophile. And with AX coming up there's a whole slew of untranslated stuff I'm wanting to pick up (as well as some translated stuff if I can get a deal on it).

I'm insane.

~Shadrach Anki

| Grove | Bardic Musings |
Shadowbard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 11:50 AM   #56   [permalink]
Yamasaki

shojio manga monster

Yup,I enjoy reading shojio manga.Here it goes:
1.Full moon wo sagashite
2.Time stranger Kyoko
3.Othello(owwwwwwwwww,who knows where can I find all the story )
4.Nana(the drawing is awesome)
5.Akuma de sourow(same here)I'm not sure about the title
6.Parfait Tic(That is the most cool manga I ever read(shojio) )
7.Love complex
8.Dice

And other...
FLCL and Gravitation.
Oh, poor me for paying all this scanolation mb
Yamasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:59 PM   #57   [permalink]
Bishdariel
Forum Master

Send a message via ICQ to Bishdariel
hmm, at the moment: one piece, next volume to come is 30
naruto, next volume is 6

thats it for now, but i am always looking for series that i might like
Bishdariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 04:20 PM   #58   [permalink]
Devil Cactus

Hmm...

Eye Shield 21- The best sports manga currently in publication, although I can't find many people who agree, because most anime fans are/were picked on by American Football (the topic of this manga) players... oh well.

Mr. Fullswing- A hilarious baseball manga.

Slam Dunk- The basis for all sports manga to follow

City Hunter- A classic, apparently. Too bad Raijin is on hiatus.

Prince of Tennis- I'm not enjoying this too much- pretty girly boys playing an already somewhat feminine sport doesn't quite trip my trigger.

Trigun- I'm already hooked.

Rising Impact- Golf manga. I don't get it.
Old 10-07-2004, 04:28 AM   #59   [permalink]
MrBS
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to MrBS
Well I'm not one for manga but I am eagerly awating vol 10 of KareKano to come in the mail, must have closure - albeit very very slowly.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:31 PM   #60   [permalink]
Black_Knight
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via ICQ to Black_Knight Send a message via AIM to Black_Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Black_Knight
Steel Angel Kurumi! I love this series so much and I just got the Anime of it... Kawaii!
-Bishop Oro
Black_Knight is offline   Reply With Quote