Old 27-03-2003, 07:39 PM   #1   [permalink]
Kyrakasa
Forum Junkie

PLEASE help ME~! with my website~!

How do you make an Evangelion Anime website?

I've been wanting to make one for a long time now...

And I've always been able to make my own initiatives happen...

But I just need some help... And who else would know more than you guys~!

ok... now the questions...

1. How do I find the cheapest but most reliable server...

2. What servers do you recommend?

3. I know how to register a domain name...

4. How do you register an organization so other people can't use it? Like the way WWF was a wildlife fund and a "World wrestling Federation" stole the name...

Quote:
WWF originally stood for "World Wildlife Fund
\\

They went to court and the wildlife fund won

How can I register the name and not just the domain?

5. I'd be puting up very interesting ideas that isn't easy to find on the web... But I want active feedback on what people think about what I put up...

would making an e-mail link be too disruptive? or should there be a messageboard ?

Arigatou~su!
Kyrakasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2003, 08:15 AM   #2   [permalink]
chasta
Executive Member

Send a message via ICQ to chasta Send a message via AIM to chasta Send a message via MSN to chasta Send a message via Yahoo to chasta
Re: PLEASE help ME~! with my website~!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrakasa
[B]How do you make an Evangelion Anime website?

1. How do I find the cheapest but most reliable server...
2. What servers do you recommend?
I have a friend who does web hosting. It's at http://www.silverwebshosting.com/ . For my site I use http://www.m3server.com . The only reason why I haven't used my friend's hosting service is because I like to program in ASP, which she doesn't offer, but her hosting prices are really good.

Quote:
4. How do you register an organization so other people can't use it? Like the way WWF was a wildlife fund and a "World wrestling Federation" stole the name...
My understanding is that you cannot copyright a name; I think that's trademarking. I'm not really sure, but you can go straight to the source at the United States Patent and Trademark Office Home Page . You might also want to make sure that someone else doesn't have the name copyrighted/trademarked.

Quote:
5. I'd be puting up very interesting ideas that isn't easy to find on the web... But I want active feedback on what people think about what I put up...

would making an e-mail link be too disruptive? or should there be a messageboard ?
I think that's really a matter of preference. Here's some ideas:

You could just leave an email link with the plain old "mailto" command, which is the easiest route, but there can be some problems with that. Some people don't like to be required to give their email addresses to leave a comment. (With the availability of free email accounts that you could easily abandon, I don't really get this.) The problem I've found with the whole "mailto" tag is SPAM. A lot of robots go looking for this tag on web pages, then add the people to their SPAMMY databases. (Punks!) If you really want to use the ol' "mailto" tag, I suggest dividing it up in JavaScript. I have it on my own site. If you view the source on my home page (www.op-otaku.com) you can find it. Pull it off and use it if you need to.

Another thing you can try is using a form. With this you can either have it email you or post the comments on the page. (You can see what I'm referring to at www.op-otaku.com/contact.asp )The thing with this, however, is that you need a server running ASP, PHP, etc, and a little programming know-how. If you decide to go this route, there are lots of free scripts on the internet.

If you decide to go the message board route, one free one is EZBoard . The problem I had with that is all the darn pop-up ads. I guess you can't really complain if it's free though! I also found that it's difficult to get a community started if you don't really work at it and later ended up just ditching my message board altogether. I'd rather go here anyway!

Let me know how it turns out!

Last edited by chasta; 17-04-2003 at 08:20 AM.
chasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:38 AM   #3   [permalink]
kanna84
Banned

Domain register Help

You can get the best solution in google search only, or contact with any popular or Branded Software Companies. I can suggested you to get this site -redacted- for best domain name with free hosting services @ reliable costs. Also they provides some more services rendered @ free of costs. Like, • FREE! Photo Album
• FREE! Quick Blogcast
• FREE! Hosting with Site Builder
• FREE! Personalized Email
• FREE! Forwarding / Masking
• FREE! 100-Pack Email Forwarding
• FREE! Starter Web Page
• FREE! "For Sale" Parked Page
• FREE! Parked Page w/ Domain
• FREE! Total DNS Control
• FREE! Change of Registration
• FREE! Status Alerts
• FREE! Domain Name Locking

Last edited by Pen2; 09-02-2010 at 04:52 AM.
kanna84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:06 PM   #4   [permalink]
Kurai Kodomo
Forum Addicted

Send a message via ICQ to Kurai Kodomo Send a message via AIM to Kurai Kodomo
http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

http://www.copyright.gov/forms/

Here is Information on Trademark and Copywriting...Assuming you live in the states.